Sunday, February 10, 2013

Don't be a D-Bag!

Haven't blogged in a few days, so it's about that time again.  I went to see Steve Byrne Friday night at our local comedy club.  Now if you're not sure who that is, he has a show on TBS called Sullivan and Son and 2 other comedy specials recorded (check him out on Netflix).  He's honestly one of the most funniest people I've had the chance to see live.  But, besides that, I just want to talk about how nice he was in person.  He signed my tshirt and took a picture with me (at no charge mind you) and truly appreciated my support. One thing that will turn me against you in a heartbeat is if you don't appreciate my supporting you by spending my money on your merchandise or buying a ticket to see you.  Not only TV actors but this goes for authors too.  Because let me tell you something, I don't have to spend my money on your merchandise, DVD's, or books but I will if you treat me like a human being.  All I ask is that you show a little appreciation that I came to see you.  Plus, honestly, there is nothing more disappointing than to finally meet someone that writes a book(or is on a TV show) that you love and then they turn out to be the biggest d-bags ever.  I've had a few authors treat me that way, and I refuse to support that.  I don't ask that you do much for me.. sign my book or whatever I've brought with me and take a picture if I ask. I don't think that's asking too much, do you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment